ASIAN investors are withdrawing from German bunds, fearful that the German government may be loaded with European Central Bank (ECB) liabilities when the euro falls apart. They are right to do so, but wrong to equate the fate of the European economy with the euro.
Things I have posted recently
- Tommy Robinson: the product of official cowardice.
- Whitehall and Westminster will not, do not want, and cannot deliver the result of the June 23, 2016 referendum.
- Is it Trump or the EU that is swapping big ideas for bad ideas?
- America and the World: Part II. American century or Asian century?
- You’re wrong, Matthew Parris: sovereignty is worth more than a sneer.