Two key forces that have driven Asia’s transformation for decades can be counted on to continue apace in the coming year. These are economic development and China’s rise. But individual Asian countries will struggle to balance domestic and international imperatives in an ever more interdependent world economy, as the world power structure evolves away from its Atlantic roots. And they will be doing so in a year where leaderships across Asia and in the wider world are in transition.
Things I have posted recently
- Tommy Robinson: the product of official cowardice.
- Whitehall and Westminster will not, do not want, and cannot deliver the result of the June 23, 2016 referendum.
- Is it Trump or the EU that is swapping big ideas for bad ideas?
- America and the World: Part II. American century or Asian century?
- You’re wrong, Matthew Parris: sovereignty is worth more than a sneer.