Things I have posted recently
- Realpolitik and the European Union. Final Chapter: Part 2. The true challenge facing the Merkel-Macron tandem.
- Realpolitik and the European Union. Final Chapter: Part I. The true challenge facing the Merkel-Macron tandem.
- Realpolitik and the European Union. Chapter 11. Europe in the World. Part II. Russia, energy, demography.
- Realpolitik and the European Union. Chapter 10. Europe in the World:Part I. The US and the rise of Asia.
- Realpolitik and the European Union. Chapter 9. More Europe, less UK.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Realpolitik and the European Union. Chapter 11. Europe in the World. Part II. Russia, energy, demography.
The theme of Chapters 10 and 11 is the tension between a shrinking Europe living in an expanding world of nation states, while all the while seeking to dis-establish European nation states which experience global developments differentially. Chapter 10 discusses … Continue reading
More Model Deutschland for Europe. What concerned Kohl most was the crisis in western Europe, related to the Euro-the kernel of his strategic deal with Mitterrand at Maastricht. German policy under Merkel had become a version of the famous quotation … Continue reading
The US-UK special relationship since the European Communities Act of 1972 has been predicated on the UK as de facto champion of a supranational EEC/EU. This may seem counter-intuitive in view of the UK’s reputation as an “awkward” partner in … Continue reading
The new global bedrock Updated: 2014-10-31 14:13 By Cecily Liu(China Daily Europe) China is assuming greater responsibility in international affairs, Scholar says China is now assuming responsibility as a new global pillar of stable growth after economically relying heavily on … Continue reading
Here I am interpreting some arias, songs and spirituals. Most of them come from this summer we spent at the Ibla Grand Prize competition held in the first week of July 2011 at Ibla-Ragusa in Sicily. http://www.youtube.com/heidistory